1) Activity: The DC-IBWA expects that you maintain your blog or site on a "regular and frequent" basis. The association hopes that “regular and frequent” means updates on at least a bi-weekly basis during the baseball season.
Blogs will be monitored on a regular basis to ensure activity and participation. Blogs that remain non-maintained for a two month period will have their membership subject to review.
2) Participation: The association will meet occasionally to discuss the issues of the day, address any concerns of members, and to promote the association and coverage of member sites. The association will promote social gatherings as well.
While attendance will not be mandatory, it will be encouraged.
It is be mandatory for members to participate in organizational votes and player achievement votes.
3) Performance: In order to promote our product effectively, there should be some general guidelines about the content that the association promotes.
Content should steer away from personal attack, publication of potentially damaging unfounded or unsubstantiated rumor or innuendo, and gratuitous vulgarity.
4) Promotion: Each member of the association should promote the association and fellow members on their blog or site by providing a link to this site or establish a "blogroll" of DC-IBWA sites.
5) Voting: Each member blog receives one vote in the pre- and postseason awards voting, unless they are one of the credentialed online only media approved by the Nationals, in which case they receive a vote for each credentialed staff, up to three.